Amir Khan, Bollywood’s Mr. Perfectionist, always chooses a movie which has entirely different subtitle. In the success party of DANGAL he said “I don’t choose films thinking about how much business will it make. I do films that touch my heart, I am concerned about the audience’s reaction…just want the film to touch their hearts too” Aamir said.
Aamir is also known for his “Christmas” releases and he is also said to be the last of all the khan’s to hit the BOX OFFICE every year. So let’s see how is SANTA so lucky for Aamir!! 😉
· LAGAAN(2001): Aamir Khan played the role of the protagonist Bhuvan, a rebellious young man who challenges the British to beat them in cricket in order to stop them from doubling the tax the villagers pay.
· DIL CHAAHTA HAI(2001): Acted as Akash Malhotra who was Anti-love type boy and do not believe in love…But then met with a girl who make him realise the feelings that he have for her.
· RANG DE BASANTI(2006): The story is about a British documentary filmmaker who is determined to make a film on Indian freedom fighters based on diary entries by her grandfather, a former officer of the Indian Imperial Police. Upon arriving in India, she asks a group of five young men including Amir Khan as ‘Daljit Singh’ to act in her film.
· TAARE ZAMEEN PAR(2007): Aamir Khan as Ram Shankar Nikumbh (“Nikumbh Sir”),an art teacher who suspects that one of his student is dyslexic and helps him to overcome his disability.
· GHAJINI(2008):Aamir Khan as Sanjay Singhania, a rich businessman; the chairman of a mobile phone company, Air Voice; who later suffers fromshort term memory loss after a brutal attack.
· 3 IDIOTS(2009): Amir Khan as Ranchoddas “Rancho” – one of the title group of three friends in the engineering college.
· TALAASH(2012): Amir Khan as an inspector Shekhawat and his wife are stunned when their son dies. While his wife openly struggles to deal with her loss, he engages himself in solving the mysterious death of an actor.
· DHOOM 3(2013): Sahir, a circus entertainer who is trained in magic and acrobatics, turns thief to take down a corrupt bank in Chicago to avenge his father’s death.
· PK(2014): PK, the titular character was written to be a Chaplinesque, bumbling alien and meant to provide an outside view to the quirks and hypocrisies of the Indian society.
· DANGAL(2016): Former wrestler Mahavir Singh Phogat (Aamir Khan) trains young daughters Geeta (Fatima Sana Shaikh) and Babita (Sanya Malhotra) to follow in his footsteps and become world-class grapplers.
Although, his next movie ‘SECRET SUPERSTAR’ which, features Zaira Wasim, Meher Vij and Aamir Khan in lead roles, is scheduled to be released on 4th of August, 2017 which comes nowhere near Christmas. So let’s see if this movie impresses the audience or not!